Saturday 19 October 2013

Alien Nail Art

Today's theme in the Halloween Challenge I'm doing is "Favorite Horror Monster".

I've always been fascinated by the Alien movies. I saw the first one when I was about twelve and I was so scared I had to watch the end with no sound! Lol!

Anyway, I decided to make a down sized version of the alien herself. Only her tail actually :) I did dots in decreasing sizes to simulate that spine lookalike tail ending with a knife looking end. To get that metallic feel to it I added some silver dots.

I quite like the outcome of this nail art. You can see the shapes of swinging tails but you can also just see nice geometrical shapes.

The red base is OPI You Only Live Twice. The tails are made with Illamasqua Boosh, Barry M Nail Art Pen in black and Max Factor Silver Effect Polish.

My inspiration :)

How do you like my Alien nails?
Do you like the Alien movies?

6 comments:

  1. Oerhört snyggt! Grafiskt och elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it and it immediately clicked when I read alien. Great job and great movies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jättesnyggt! :D Bra tolkning från alienmonster till naglar :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugah, blir ju lite mörkrädd här mitt på ljusan dag;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jättesnyggt! Alldeles för snyggt för temat egentligen:) Tror bara att jag sett en Alien-film, har aldrig riktigt fastnat för dem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool! And we are watching Alien right now! Lol

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!